Monday, January 12, 2015

A JavaScript Tutorial


A JavaScript Tutorial

This scripting assignment was to create a JavaScript tutorial that taught three different JS elements.

When I was brainstorming what to teach in this project, I decided I wanted the users to end up with something in the end, instead of just learning about parallax, lightbox, or a datepicker.  So I picked three tools that could build a simple interactive website when combined. As you go through the tutorial, you learn about each element and how it builds on the last to end up with a clickable button that returns random activities when clicked.

I broke down each element and explained how it works at the top and built in a codemirror plug-in so that the user could try editing the code and see what it returned.
Finally, the user can see the the website that was built using just these three elements. I think this last part was crucial for the user to see what simple code can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment