Monday, November 17, 2014

Dinner with the Fraga's

Dinner with the Fraga's


This project was a 48 hour video challenge. The specifications for the challenge were;
  1. Tell some sort of narrative story in 30 or less.
  1. Only use two prime lenses (35, 85mm).
  1. Do not direct or stage any action, everything must be organic and real time.

This project was a 48 hour video challenge. The specifications for the challenge were;
So I decided I would film my family making dinner. I figured it would be a familiar space and I would be able to focus on my creativity.

Here's the final product.


Now lets talk about some of the challenges I faced with this.

First of all, this was my first time using prime lenses in a documentary style environment. Frantically switching lenses to try and capture a moment was something I didn't expect. 

I also chose for a couple shots (such as the opening shot of the ribs) to be shot wide open. Since this was my first time with lenses like this I really want ted to push my depth of field as shallow as possible.

But in retrospect I would have toned down that effect because i found that i lost a few moments due to my dodgy focus pulling.

Overall I’m happy with how this turned out, considering it was my first experience with prime lenses. I may even revisit this project to see what I can accomplish now.

No comments:

Post a Comment