Monday, November 17, 2014

Viewing New Media in a New Light


It's strange, since getting more involved in the creation of websites and graphics you begin to notice things you've never noticed before on web pages, and you start to get wise to their sneaky marketing techniques. Things like royalty free music becomes very recognizable and you end up hearing the same songs a few times. Not that this is a bad thing, it's very cool to watch Youtube videos or search the web and see certain things that you've never had any clue about and suddenly understand how they're coded/edited/created.

Seeing things like this also creates quite a bit of inspiration. Once and a while I feel as though I'm not learning enough and I feel like my skills are nowhere near where they should be. On these days, I usually search through Youtube and check out my subscribed channels and quite often I will recognize things like what editing tools they're using, and suddenly everything doesn't seem so hard. A lot of the things I enjoy looking at online are now attainable goals for me, and more often than not, I'll feel uplifted for having realized this. 

I encourage any readers to do the same when they're feeling down, you may be surprised by what inspires you!


No comments:

Post a Comment