Monday, November 24, 2014

How to create the illustration more realistic in Illustrator? _term3

Hello, I'm Yurie :)

Today, I will introduce the project that I've done for the Advanced Illustrator class.
I worked in the graphic design field for over 5 years, and had a lot of experiences using Illustrator. However, when I first learned how to utilize the Gradient Mesh Tool (I’ve never used this tool before), this experience actually broadened my vision how to create the illustration more realistic!



This is the work that I made for this class’s midterm project.

Firstly, I traced the image of the present and applied the gradient mesh effects on each of shapes. Even though I made a digitalized image, I felt that I was drawing the actual picture since it was necessary to considerate of shadows, reflections of lights and colours to make it realistic.
If I hadn't learned of this tool, I would've created this image by using Photoshop, and would take me forever to finish it... 


Happy Early Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment