Monday, November 24, 2014


The Walk-Ins – Video and Bumper

Project for BCIT New Media and Web Development program.

This is actually the first video I have ever shot.
I have always wanted to make a documentary on a band or musician.

Pete Bowman, lead singer with The Walk-Ins is a friend of mine so they were the obvious choice for me to base my short film on.

As the band aren’t famous I thought it important to use this video as an introduction to who they are and what they are about.

Mixing rehearsal, live and interview footage, along with music and images, the final result was exactly what the band were looking for and exceeded their expectations.

Although I had a very short timescale to create this video it was a really enjoyable and rewarding experience.

The short bumper video was really an experiment into various ways to animate text and images. I wanted it to sit alongside the main video project and have the same look and feel to it.

Here are the videos - 
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment